I have ripped pretty much all of my hair out trying to work this out so
all help is greatly appreciated. I have read through posts on this
newsgroup, however, none seem to relate directly to the problem I am
I am running a Windows Standard 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP2 and
IIS 6.0 with Windows Mobile 5.0 devices. This is the only server
involved in e-mail, I am not running a front/backend solution.
The device I am testing with is an Orange C600 on WM5.
I have the following locations in IIS:
I have been through MS articles regarding setting up the correct
security, I tried creating a exchange-oma directory and that was able
to view OWA with no problems (this has been removed now). I also tried
putting in the SMTPProxy registry entry, however, this does not seem to
make any difference (this has also been removed).
Worth mentioning is the users have multiple e-mail addresses. When you
view a users 'E-mail Addresses' tab in Active Directory there are 4
SMTP entires and one X400 entry. However, as you can see from the IIS
info (above) we only have one Exchange vitrual directory.
The actual problem is when a user does a Sync 'over-the-air' it checks
for changes and does the copy of e-mail (I am only trying to sync
e-mail at the moment, although it does do this very quickly!) but when
you check the e-mail on the mobile device there are no e-mails.
The error on the log file on the mobile device reports HTTP/1.1 401
The WWW-Authenticate is Basic realm="external IP"
There are no errors being reported in the Event Viewer on the Exchange
This is my first post so please ask if you require more information!
Thanks for your time!