OAB Sync issue with Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007

OAB Sync issue with Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007

Post by TWlrZSBCYX » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 07:56:01


e are running Exchange 2007 Std on Windows 2003 R2 SP1 64bit. CLients are XP
sp2 with outlook 2007.

We migrated from exchange 2000 and have removed exchange 2000 server from
organization as we had no public folders that depended on it.

Everytime outlook does a sync Outlook reports following sync error.

17:20:36 Synchronizer Version 12.0.4518
17:20:36 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Mike Baugh'
17:20:36 Synchronizing Hierarchy
17:20:45 Done
17:21:10 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
17:21:10 0X80190194

There are no errors in windows event logs except for ocassional FBPublich
error.

Source: MSExchangeFBPublish
Event ID : 8207

Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine
MAIL02. The error number is 0x80004005.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.


Have run oabinteg and receive following output



=====================================================
OABInteg (Offline Address Book Integrity Checker)
Product Version 06.05.7839.0
OABInteg.exe
Microsoft Corporation, Copyright (C) 2006
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
=====================================================

Unable to obtain the configuration container.
NOTE: Running this tool against a resource mailbox account will most likely
cause the tool to fail when being ran.

Registry scan started at: 04:45:33 PM

Checking for OAB Registry Keys
OAL NT5 DN Rejection registry key not present on this system. - this is ok.
Total registry keys found 0.
Total registry values found 0.


Checking for the (HKLM) Exchange Provider Registry Key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider registry
key has been opened with read rights.
Checking for the DS Server registry value: NOT FOUND - this is ok.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider registry
key has been closed.
Total registry keys found 1.
Total registry values found 0.


Checking for the (HKCU) Exchange Provider Registry Key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider registry key
has been opened with read rights.
Checking for the DS Server registry value: NOT FOUND - this is ok.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider registry key
has been closed.
Total registry keys found 1.
Total registry values found 0.


Checking for the DSAccess Profile Registry Keys
Default DSAccess profile key not found - this is ok.
Default DSAccess profile (UserDC1) key not found - this is ok.
Default DSAccess profile (UserGC1) key not found - this is ok.
Total registry keys found 0.
Total registry values found 0.


Checking for user MAPI profiles.
The MAPI subsystem was initialized successfully.

Profile found: hkssupport
Profile found: Outlook
Profile found: test

Logoff of profile successful.
Closing MAPI session.
The MAPI subsystem was un-initialized successfully.


Checking for Exchange system MAPI profiles.
WARNING: No exchange server profiles on this system. This is ok.

Registry scan ended at: 04:45:34 PM

Starting Test 9 - OAB System Folder Check
OAB System folder check started at: 04:45:34 PM
The MAPI subsystem was initialized successfully.

Attempting to create OABInteg-Admin_04:45:34 PM profile on MBAUGH-TP40.
OABInteg-Admin_04:45:34 PM profile was created in the Windows Messaging
Subsystem on MBAUGH-TP40.
 
 
 

OAB Sync issue with Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007

Post by Leif Peder » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 05:23:28

i,

Have you tried to recreate the Outlook profile?

It sounds as if there is a reference to the old OAB in the profile.

Leif

"Mike Baugh" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM > wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...



 
 
 

OAB Sync issue with Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007

Post by TWlrZSBCYX » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 05:52:04

any thanks for the reply. Yes I had tried deleting the profile and then
recreating. Still no joy.

I have just solved the issue.

it appears that the webservices virtual directory was not set correctly.
Even though I had the oab urls set correctlty. I found a post that suggested
ctrl righ click on the outlook systray icon and then use test email
autoconfiguration. This showed the the rpc urls were incorrect. I then ran

Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory -identity "server\ews (Default Web Site)"
-externalurl https://server.domain.com/ews

And now it works.

Many thanks

mike

"Leif Pedersen [MVP]" wrote:

 
 
 

OAB Sync issue with Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007

Post by thason » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 04:15:03

n 1 Apr., 22:52, Mike Baugh < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > ...> >> > Erfahren Sie mehr Zitierten Text ausblenden >
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

I disable ssl/https for the web access and have the same problems at
beginn.

With "Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory" works now all perfect.

Thanks