suspect that something went wrong during your installation and the E2k3
server does not believe it is in a mixed mode Admin Group. But parts of the
install believe they are in mixed mode. Hence the 9175, the SA is probably
trying to open the store using the 5.5 Service Account but is failing.
If you have nothing invested in this server ( no mailboxes, public folders,
etc ) I would suggest the removing and reinstall the E2k3 server. It will
probably take as long to troubleshoot and fix your current installation as
to start again. Hopefully the result will be better then your last install.
1. Uninstall the Exchange 2003 server, just run setup like you did before
and select uninstall
2. Open 5.5 Administrator, If the E2k3 Server is still present in the 5.5
directory delete it.
3. Start again to install the E2k3 Server. You probably will need to re-run
Forestprep and DomainPrep, and I would recommend re-running the tools to
make sure everything is still OK. Since you have been through these steps
once it should go quicker.
If you want to try and troubleshoot the current install:
1. For starters find out if your SRS is installed Correctly. Open ESM and
at the bottom there is a section called tools that should have a container
called SRS. See if your new E2k3 server is listed as an SRS here. Also
open up ADC Admin, and see if there is a connection agreement called a
2. If you see both of these things, make sure the SRS service is running on
the E2k3 server. Open Exchange 5.5 Administrator, but connect to the E2k3
Server instead of the 5.5 server ( File -> Connect I believe). See if E2k3
SRS directory contains both the 5.5 server and the E2k3 Server.
3. Make sure the ADC Service is running. Check the Application Eventlog
on the ADC server for any errors or warnings from the ADC Service.
4. Open ESM on the E2k3 server. Open the properties of your Administration
Group. You should see a Box containing the name of your 5.5 Service
Account. I can't remember what ESM calls it. Anyway, try to re-type the
password for the 5.5 Service Account here. wait a few minutes then try
restarting the System Attendant and all the dependent services (Store, MTA)
on the E2k3 Server.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Roger" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM > wrote in message
news:%23$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...