1. Open folder, read file, close file, open new folder, read file close file etc....
2. Read strings from one file and search for them in a directory containing htm files
Thanks a lot for cross posting over here.
Here is the Original Problem Folks:
I have one file, named allStrings.txt where each line is treated as ONE
STRING. I need to read each line from this file and search for that
line in another directory which contains some 100 .html files. Once I
find a matching line that contains that ONE STRING, I need to write
that ONE STRING into another file. I need to discard those that are not
found in any of those 100 .htm files.
So basically my intention is to find out if the strings are used in any
of the 100 .htm files that exist in another directory. And if they
exist simply write the string into a new file - let us call the file
"usedStrings.txt". So basically when I compare usedStrings.txt and
allStrings.txt I will know which of them are NOT USED.
I am looking for a shell script for this. Any help will be really great
Thank you all so much in advance.
3. Advantages of Binary Files over Text files in Search and read
4. Read strings from one file and search for them in a directory containing htm files
5. Read line by line from a file & search each line on another file
6. File.read(fname) vs. File.read(fname,File.size(fname))
7. file search or search files
8. File Searches: Can I Search for MP3 Files Via a Specific Bitrate?
9. Searching for words in a file does not search all file types.
10. Read PFD file from ASP - Search Engine
11. How can I read an MS Word file and search and edit it from my
12. read a record and use the value in subsequent search of another file
13. reading a data file to searches on Date
14. Reading & Searching in a text file
15. Read a C++ file and outputs a list of all identifiers using AVL binary search tree