Since installation worked on some of the clients and that the SP4 share has
"everyone" FC, i would rule out permissions being an issue. But, please look
into the following:
- Are all the clients in the same OU to which the policy was applied ?
- Are there multiple DCs in your environment?
- -> If yes, have all the DCs replicated the policy to deploy SP4? (On a
problem client, type in"Set L" from cmd prompt, to find the authenticating
- - Do all the DCs have the DFS service "started" and "automatic"?
- Are all the clients pointing to the same DNS server? (do any other
Sabin Nair M.S(Computer Engg.), MCSE, MCSA
Directory Services Team
"Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.
This alias is for newsgroup purposes only."