My host is a ThinkPad T60, 1.83 Ghz, Centrino Duo, 2 Gb RAM, Windows XP SP2.
My guest is Windows 2003 Server R2.
I am also running VPC 2007 off of an eSATA PCIMCIA card accessing a 80Gb
My whole laptop occassionally freezes up (both host and guest) with virtual
pc running. The way to unfreeze is to unplug my eSATA card.
- My Virtual PC image was created on a different laptop with a different
processor (not centrino) which I have heard could be an issue.
- I have already tried two different eSata cards because I thought the first
might be defective and I am experiencing the same behavior.
- My newest theory is that it freezes when the running Virtual PC has
processor down time.
- It runs fine if the VPC image is on the host, but it runs 10x faster in
the current setup so I would like to get the current setup working.
- It also runs fine with the current setup on a Sony laptop which is not
Any ideas on how to how to stop the freezing would be appreciated.